Mount Ijen Tour – 4 hour drive to Gilimanuk port where our ferry departed at 10pm. No sleep later, in the dark of night, Gilimanuk almost reminded you of Calais in France and all those campervan holidays.
Onboard, we arrived to karaoke on the ferry… you certainly don’t see that in Calais.
Stop a while at the restaurant to get Mie Goreng it’s a shame it was 11pm and we were still stuffed from tea , Mie Goreng on Java is the tastiest we’ve ever had. From our ‘midnight’ feast you set off to Ijen, or at least you tried to.
Mount Ijen Tour – An hour and a half later we arrived to Ijen’s car park as one of the first. With all research on Ijen I hadn’t read anything about the epic night sky until the driver told you how incredible it was. In the end,
2 hours, 3 km and a long break later with a guide with photographer teaching you how to capture the night sky (all of which failed… you’ll just have to go and see it for yourself!) we arrived at the top, at 2,386m.
After seeing first miner carrying yellow sulphur in his basket we donned our gas masks (which he lacked) and headed down into the crater. One of the life-risking miners stopped to talk to you and reached out his hand with a piece of sulphur. In the pitch black, You only realise a few seconds later it was sulphur carved into a turtle.
From the top you will see only a few head torches in the crater below and could definitely make out the small patch of blue lava. After another 40 minutes and 800m down the slippy, gravel path you will arrive to the strong smelling sulphur.
Itinerary – Mount Ijen Tour Trekking :
|Pick up from your Hotel
|Arrive at Gilimanuk Harbour
|Arrive at Ketapang
|Arrive at Trekking Point
|Start The trek with local guide
|The trek Finish and having breakfast at local warung
|Arrive back at Gilimanuk port, on the way to the hotel if you like to stop for lunch is a welcome.
|Arrive at your hotel
Price – Mount Ijen Trekking :
USD$ 100/ Person ( Minimum 2 Person )
USD$ 150/per Solo traveller
- Breakfast at local warung
- Experience Local guide : will guiding you during Mount Ijen trekking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from from hotels in Bali
- Entrance fees to Mount Ijen Park
- Gas mask during enter the blue fire
- Personal expenses
What should you need to bring :
- Long Pant
- Hand glove
- Warm Cloth / Jumper
- Hiking Shoes
Additional Info :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended to wear long pants, sports shoes, a sweater (sweatshirt or jumper) , gloves and hat during mount ijen blue fire trekking
- Adult pricing applies to all traveler
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints ,asthma or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You will be notified of your exact pick up time after reconfirmation
- Exercise or physical activity is recommended one day before trekking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Book Now by WhatsApp for quick respond : +6285738644774